David Moyes is emerging as a contender to become Tottenham’s next manager but senior figures at the club are divided over his possible appointment following his dismal short reign at Manchester United.
Aviva Premiership leaders Saracens claimed a 23-18 victory over Newcastle at Kingston Park with the home side snatching a vital bonus point in their battle against relegation.
20 April 2014
Wasps seized the initiative in the battle for European qualification after sweeping Gloucester aside with a 38-30 bonus-point victory at Twickenham.
19 April 2014
A perfect end to the season might not be good enough to get Harlequins into the play-offs but Conor O’Shea thinks no one will want to face his team if they get through.
17 April 2014
Summer tour of New Zealand may come too soon - but I'll be back for World Cup, says Wasps wing Christian Wade
Christian Wade today admitted he is struggling to recover from foot surgery in time to earn a place on England’s tour to New Zealand in June.
16 April 2014
Owen Farrell will be able to play in next week’s Heineken Cup semi-final despite limping off in the win over Northampton.
15 April 2014
Brad Barritt is determined to cause Stuart Lancaster a serious midfield selection headache for England’s tour to New Zealand, having eclipsed Luther Burrell when they went head to head in the Premiership.
15 April 2014
Owen Farrell will be sent for an MRI scan this week if he fails to recover from the foot injury that forced him off at half-time in Saracens’ 28-24 win over Northampton.
14 April 2014
Harlequins flanker Luke Wallace has said the squad are treating their remaining Aviva Premiership fixtures as win or bust in their pursuit of a coveted play-off position.
14 April 2014
Rugby Football Union chief executive Ian Ritchie has been credited with brokering the television agreement that has allowed European rugby to establish three new competitions and worth an extra £1m- a-season to each of the English clubs.
11 April 2014
Kelly Brown is confident Saracens are now equipped to handle the kind of physical battering Northampton used to end their Premiership title hopes last season.
11 April 2014
Back-row forward thinks his team need perfect end to the season to make the play-offs, starting at Sale tomorrow
10 April 2014
I don’t spend time worrying about Doomsday scenarios - England coach Stuart Lancaster on gearing up for the All Blacks and World Cup
Stuart Lancaster loves to put his feet up with a good book — particularly if the tome is written by one of the World Cup-winning head coaches he is striving to emulate.
08 April 2014
Next up for Saracens is a home semi-final with Clermont Auvergne and Mark McCall will be hoping the French giants suffer another bout of travel sickness later this month during the Heineken Cup clash at Twickenham.
07 April 2014
Stepping out into Ravenhill tomorrow night will be a major test of Brad Barritt’s England credentials. The hostile terraces in Belfast will provide an atmosphere to match any international arena.
04 April 2014
- Father in New Malden child deaths tragedy 'beyond shock' as he flies back to UK
- Real Madrid prepare lucrative deal to beat Liverpool in race for Chelsea's Ashley Cole
- Mark Shand: Duchess of Cornwall's brother dead after fall in New York
- Victim of stabbing in Mortlake tapas restaurant was member of Fiennes family
- Worst dressed celebrities: Who dressed like a dog's dinner this week? We show and tell...
- Nigel Farage insists Ukip posters are not racist even if they upset 'chattering classes'
- David Cameron accused of fostering division by claiming Britain is a Christian country
- Tube boss accuses RMT of being stuck in past after union votes for new strikes
- Cardinal slams 'alarmist' immigration rhetoric on Ukip poster campaign
- London hairdresser 'targeted by North Korean embassy officials over Kim Jong-un discount'
- Three injured after ceiling collapses at Virgin Active gym in west London
- The Standard leads rush to adopt a .London web address
- Joan as Police Woman, Village Underground - music review
- Owner of 'worst hotel in Britain' banned after mice move in