The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today interrupted their tour of Australia to send a heartfelt message of sympathy to the Duchess of Cornwall following the death of her brother Mark Shand in New York.
The Queen is still boss: reports that Palace reshuffle will mean Charles becomes king in all but name are wide of the mark
If leaked reports that have been published in newspapers this weekend are to be believed, the Queen is about to start a “job share” with her son and heir Prince Charles.
20 January 2014
03 January 2014
Andrew Lloyd Webber presides over one of the nation’s pre-eminent private art collections. But even he has been unable to lay his hands on a series of royal portraits sketched by Stephen Ward, the society fixer at the heart of the Profumo affair and subject of the peer’s latest West End musical, which begins previewing at the Aldwych tomorrow.
02 December 2013
Among those poets invited to Buck House for the Contemporary British Poetry party were British beat bard Michael Horovitz. “And where do you write?” asked Prince Philip. “In a slightly smaller room than this,” replied Horovitz. Prince Philip: “No, I mean where do you live?” Horovitz: “Oh! Just off Portobello Road ...”
21 November 2013
An £8 million deal was struck today to attract American tourists to Britain on the back of the transatlantic success of Downton Abbey.
05 November 2013
The family of a mother who died after a GP wrongly diagnosed her deep-vein thrombosis as a calf strain called today for the doctor to be struck off.
10 October 2013
A special set of coins will be created to mark the christening of Prince George, the Royal Mint has announced.
28 September 2013
Julian Fellowes declines to comment on the Countess of Carnarvon’s remarks that knives, forks and glasses are in the wrong places on the Downton Abbey dinner table.
10 September 2013
10 September 2013
It is 11pm and way past children’s bedtime, but more than 1000 visitors to the Disneyland Paris theme park are packed outside Sleeping Beauty’s castle to watch a spectacular digital animation and light show.
04 September 2013
- Father in New Malden child deaths tragedy 'beyond shock' as he flies back to UK
- Real Madrid prepare lucrative deal to beat Liverpool in race for Chelsea's Ashley Cole
- Mark Shand: Duchess of Cornwall's brother dead after fall in New York
- Victim of stabbing in Mortlake tapas restaurant was member of Fiennes family
- Worst dressed celebrities: Who dressed like a dog's dinner this week? We show and tell...
- Nigel Farage insists Ukip posters are not racist even if they upset 'chattering classes'
- David Cameron accused of fostering division by claiming Britain is a Christian country
- Tube boss accuses RMT of being stuck in past after union votes for new strikes
- Cardinal slams 'alarmist' immigration rhetoric on Ukip poster campaign
- London hairdresser 'targeted by North Korean embassy officials over Kim Jong-un discount'
- Three injured after ceiling collapses at Virgin Active gym in west London
- The Standard leads rush to adopt a .London web address
- Joan as Police Woman, Village Underground - music review
- Owner of 'worst hotel in Britain' banned after mice move in