The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today interrupted their tour of Australia to send a heartfelt message of sympathy to the Duchess of Cornwall following the death of her brother Mark Shand in New York.
W11 is most famous for the Notting Hill Carnival and Portobello Market – and, of course, that Richard Curtis film – but Notting Hill is also home to a host of desirable restaurants, cafes and bars, plus two classy cinemas and a couple of cool music venues
09 December 2013
Fast food can seem like an attractive proposition after a night on the tiles or a long day at work when you can't be bothered to cook.
25 November 2013
The double Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge likes eating tripe, burgers and mille feuille when he's out to play London. Here he tells us where.
03 September 2013
From French fries trainers to milkshake print sweaters, the dude food revolution has now hit Planet Style too, says Emma McCarthy
13 August 2013
Restaurant chain Little Chef has been saved from disappearing from Britain's roadsides after being snapped up by a Kuwaiti company for £15 million.
04 August 2013
03 August 2013
The father of former England football captain John Terry was today sent for trial accused of a racially aggravated head butt outside a City pub.
23 July 2013
Grace Dent is bewitched by the dastardly burger wizards at Five Guys and Shake Shack
19 July 2013
It has already conquered most of the world. Now McDonald’s is about to set up shop in Ho Chi Minh City — 40 years after US troops pulled out of the Vietnam War.
16 July 2013
Burgergate: George Osborne defends £10 gourmet burger, saying McDonald's doesn’t deliver - but neither does Byron
George Osborne today defended his choice of a £10 gourmet burger, saying: “McDonald's doesn’t deliver.”
27 June 2013
- Father in New Malden child deaths tragedy 'beyond shock' as he flies back to UK
- Real Madrid prepare lucrative deal to beat Liverpool in race for Chelsea's Ashley Cole
- Mark Shand: Duchess of Cornwall's brother dead after fall in New York
- Victim of stabbing in Mortlake tapas restaurant was member of Fiennes family
- Worst dressed celebrities: Who dressed like a dog's dinner this week? We show and tell...
- Nigel Farage insists Ukip posters are not racist even if they upset 'chattering classes'
- David Cameron accused of fostering division by claiming Britain is a Christian country
- Tube boss accuses RMT of being stuck in past after union votes for new strikes
- Cardinal slams 'alarmist' immigration rhetoric on Ukip poster campaign
- London hairdresser 'targeted by North Korean embassy officials over Kim Jong-un discount'
- Three injured after ceiling collapses at Virgin Active gym in west London
- The Standard leads rush to adopt a .London web address
- Joan as Police Woman, Village Underground - music review
- Owner of 'worst hotel in Britain' banned after mice move in