The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today interrupted their tour of Australia to send a heartfelt message of sympathy to the Duchess of Cornwall following the death of her brother Mark Shand in New York.
To mark the end of the Tube's 150th anniversary year, London Underground have created a special poster called 'Roots' to show how closely London and the Tube and linked.
30 December 2013
Elephant and Castle is set to rival Shoreditch with its own shipping container pop-up mall.
24 December 2013
The One Day author buys his books in Exmouth Market and walks obsessively along the canals
20 December 2013
London fire chiefs today defended their contingency plans after an Army veteran died in a blaze while union members were on strike.
16 December 2013
Is Francis Bacon a good trade for Old Masters? The Hermitage in St Petersburg thinks so, and has just cut a deal to exhibit some key Bacon works there late next year. The last time there was a Bacon show in Russia was 1989.
13 December 2013
The Chapman brothers have donated a sculpture to help save Africa’s elephants from extinction at the hands of poachers.
12 December 2013
These are the first sketches of the town that Damien Hirst hopes to build.
10 December 2013
Matisse was a prolific printmaker, and this mini-retrospective gathers works in several techniques from across his career. The purity of his line is remarkable: often using only the most essential description
04 December 2013
More on Stephen Ward’s missing royal portraits, which Lord Lloyd-Webber has been unable to lay his hands on as they were all mysteriously bought up before Ward’s 1963 trial for living off immoral earnings.
03 December 2013
They are some of the most-loved creatures on the planet, but also among the most threatened. More elephants were killed in 2011 — the last year with confirmed figures — than in any 12 months in history.
02 December 2013
- Father in New Malden child deaths tragedy 'beyond shock' as he flies back to UK
- Real Madrid prepare lucrative deal to beat Liverpool in race for Chelsea's Ashley Cole
- Mark Shand: Duchess of Cornwall's brother dead after fall in New York
- Victim of stabbing in Mortlake tapas restaurant was member of Fiennes family
- Worst dressed celebrities: Who dressed like a dog's dinner this week? We show and tell...
- Nigel Farage insists Ukip posters are not racist even if they upset 'chattering classes'
- David Cameron accused of fostering division by claiming Britain is a Christian country
- Tube boss accuses RMT of being stuck in past after union votes for new strikes
- Cardinal slams 'alarmist' immigration rhetoric on Ukip poster campaign
- London hairdresser 'targeted by North Korean embassy officials over Kim Jong-un discount'
- Three injured after ceiling collapses at Virgin Active gym in west London
- The Standard leads rush to adopt a .London web address
- Joan as Police Woman, Village Underground - music review
- Owner of 'worst hotel in Britain' banned after mice move in